May 13, 2021
Ergon Construction Group is currently seeking a Specialty Services Field Superintendent for its ISO Services division in Richland, MS.
The Specialty Services Field Superintendent is responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of field construction on defined jobsites related to industrial insulation, coatings, fireproofing, and abatement. Construction is a people business, and the primary responsibility of this position is people. This includes recruitment, retention, coaching, mentoring, training, and regularly communicating with all employees. This communication also extends to former employees who may be eligible for re-hire as work demands. The SSFS is also directly responsible for safety, quality, and schedule performance. The SSFS will get assistance with specific craft procedures and technical assistance from OMSS. The SSFS is a critical leadership role within ISO Services and will be required to coordinate closely with project managers, HR, QC, EHS, and CME operations groups. Extensive travel is required of this position.
• Manage employees in industrial insulation, coatings, fireproofing, and abatement on defined jobsites. Treat these employees with respect and fairness. The work of their hands is our product.
• Be the one-call for this customer for all of our work.
• Lead by example.
• Provide written instructions where possible and use our technology tools.
• Use our procedures (work the plan). Work with the management team to develop and adjust procedures as needed.
• Make suggestions for site craft payrates and per diem. Payrates and per diem will meet a balance of attracting qualified candidates and making a profit.
• Assist with recruiting.
• Appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems by working with OMSS and the HR department
• Work with Safety & Training coordinator to define the training needs and schedule.
• Verify employees are completing paperwork accurately (confirmed material delivery tickets, timesheets, daily field reports, JSA’s, audits, etc.).
• Daily assess the need for purchasing equipment through feedback from sales personnel, rental managers, customer feedback and supplier sales personnel.
• Assist with estimating, attending site job-walks, loading/unloading/delivering equipment, and/or supporting service functions.
• Ensure materials, tools, and safety supplies arrive on time for project schedule.
• Plan lodging for employees when required.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with all statutory requirements.
• Ensure that the location yard, facility, and staff are in a presentable state.
• Handle various daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
• Hold daily meetings to discuss daily objectives and address safety.
• Ensure implementation and enforcement of Safety and Health Policies and Programs.
• Provide reinforcement with job site leadership to ensure that safety is a priority to them.
• Audit job sites and work areas for conformity and compliance with company and site policies and procedures.
• Work closely with Admin/Office Manager to ensure accuracy of payroll.
• Continue to improve knowledge in these defined crafts and be a resource for others.
• SSFS will perform any other tasks as directed by the OMSS.
• Valid driver’s license and TWIC Card.
• OSHA 30 or equivalent safety training
• Two years of field supervision experience and eight years of industrial construction experience in the fields of insulation, coatings, fireproofing, and/or abatement.
• Experience with industrial construction, estimating, and/or project controls
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Some Night/Weekend work required.
• Qualifications that would add value, but are not required:
NACE, NCCER, ABC, STI, CWI, NEC, ASME/ANSI
Capabilities to be qualifying party related to contractor licensing
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment for extended periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, climbing ladders, climbing stairs, crouching, and reaching.
• Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions including heavy rain, wind or excessive temperatures.
Any offer of employment will be contingent on a routine background check, a pre-employment drug screen, and an acceptable motor vehicle report. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to the email address provided. This position is open to internal and external applicants. However, only those resumes from external candidates that include salary requirements will be given consideration.
We are an EEO/AAP employer.