ISO Services: Construction Quality Manager
May 7, 2021
ISO Services, a division of Ergon Construction Group, Inc., is a growing, multi-craft industrial maintenance and construction company. Our services include: civil/concrete; mechanical/piping; electrical/instrumentation; soft craft services of insulation, fireproofing, painting/coatings, scaffolding, and heat tracing; and insulation material sales.
The Construction Quality Manager (CQM) is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining quality programs, procedures, and requirements for all industrial construction crafts. The CQM is also responsible for oversight and adherence to all quality programs. The CQM should be knowledgeable in all aspects of quality for multiple crafts in industrial maintenance and construction. The CQM must also have the soft skills necessary to develop positive relationships and inspire continuous improvement within all levels of the construction organization.
Construction quality is ultimately driven by the direct craft performing the work. The CQM must value these employees and earn their trust while also holding them accountable.
The CQM is part of the ISO Services leadership team reporting to the Vice-President.
- Develop, implement, and oversee standard quality assurance protocols for all construction crafts
- Continually improve programs and procedures to maintain alignment with industry codes and standards as they are revised and updated.
- Perform audits of QA/QC activities for both shop and field project work
- Develop and deliver reports on completed audits, rework issues, and overall quality trends
- Proactively work with operations, superintendents, and safety to ensure quality goals are being met
- Develop in-depth knowledge of company's existing mechanical quality control program to ensure conformance with current ASME (U, PP) and NBIC (R) stamps
- Prepare and participate in the tri-annual review of ASME stamp certifications
- Maintain training, testing, and qualification records for QC inspectors/technicians
- Maintain all quality records for the company
- Oversee and mentor QC field inspectors/technicians
- Perform other duties as needed
- 10+ years of QA/QC experience in an industrial setting
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quality control of industrial/process piping systems
- Experience preferred in other industrial crafts including concrete, electrical, instrumentation, coatings, insulation, and scaffolding.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards (ASME, API, NACE, AWS)
- AWS CWI certification required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills, including the ability to work independently with little direction
- API 653 Certification preferred
This position will be based in Jackson, MS with regular travel required (~30%).
Ergon offers a competitive benefits package: 401k, Health, Life, Dental, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance, and Profit Sharing.
We are an EEO/AAP Employer.