February 10, 2021
Ergon’s Corporate Maintenance department has an opening for a Millwright in the Ennis, Texas area.
Ergon is a family owned oil and gas company based in the Jackson, MS area with facilities across the US. The Corporate Maintenance department services primarily the asphalt and emulsions division by providing an internal resource for routine maintenance work as well as specified project work.
This position provides regional support to Ergon facilities for the repair and service of rotating equipment including centrifugal pumps, positive-displacement pumps, colloidal mills, blowers, fans, top and side entering mixers, gearboxes, and other mechanical-related equipment.
This position requires a positive individual who possesses a team-oriented attitude and works in a participative manner with supervision and co-workers.
· Service, repair, troubleshoot, and perform preventive maintenance on rotating and mechanical-related equipment.
· Perform and teach the aligning of pumps, gearboxes, motors, and belt driven systems.
· Maintain records of all service and repairs and have a safe and clean working environment by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Work with customers, co-workers, and associates to develop and maintain strong working relationships in a cooperative work environment.
· Recognize tasks outside of normal job duties and assist others when applicable.
· Maintain Safe work practices and good hazard recognition in all aspects of the job.
· A high school diploma or GED
· Minimum of one year of experience in repairing rotating equipment (listed above)
· Basic knowledge of machining, welding, and electrical practices.
· Demonstrate good communication and organizational skills.
· The person chosen must be capable of lifting or moving objects that weigh 50 pounds or more and perform tasks that involve bending, lifting, and climbing tanks or other structures.
· Capable of working extensive overtime, up to80 hours, when needed.
· Willing to routinely travel to facilities (typically up to a week) as needed to perform job function.
The person selected must have a valid driver’s license, be able to work in confined spaces, and be able to work in any environment (heat, cold, rain, etc.). The person selected must reside in the Ennis, Texas area.
Benefits include medical, 401k, profit sharing, vacation, holidays, sick leave, and life insurance. Dental and long term disability insurance are offered.
Any offer of employment will be contingent on a routine background check, a pre-employment drug screen, and an acceptable motor vehicle report.
We are an EEO/AAP employer.